Thursday, May 23, 2024
 Popular · Latest · Hot · Upcoming
1
rated 0 times [  1] [ 0]  / answers: 1 / hits: 4758  / 2 Years ago, sun, july 31, 2022, 10:57:52

I have a Ubuntu server, running sendmail (until this morning it was running postfix, but I moved to sendmail to eliminate the possibility of my postfix configuration tweaks being the cause of this issue). Up until a few weeks ago, this server was the sole mail server for my domain - and until I moved mail away from this box, email worked as expected, was delivered to the local users and was sent fine - but since moving it away, every time an email is sent through the MTA on this box it attempts to send it to the A record for my domain, rather than the MX records...which doesn't work very well as I use a CDN, and the CDN aren't hosting my mail funnily enough. From everywhere else to my domain is fine, and from that server sending to other domains is fine. If you perform a dig or an nslookup from the problem server the records appear correct, so after battling with this for nearly a week I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated!



EDIT:
DNS records for domain;



domain.com CNAME to server.domain.com

server.domain.com A to 1.1.1.1

MX mail.maildomain.com priority 10

MX mail1.maildomain.com priority 20



the server with issues is server.domain.com.



Thanks


More From » server

 Answers
5

Sendmail converts CNAME (DNS alias) to real name.

domain.com -> server.domain.com



Remove the CNAME OR add MX records for server.domain.com


[#31308] Monday, August 1, 2022, 2 Years  [reply] [flag answer]
Only authorized users can answer the question. Please sign in first, or register a free account.
erettor

Total Points: 303
Total Questions: 121
Total Answers: 103

Location: Colombia
Member since Mon, May 2, 2022
2 Years ago
;